Please prepare a Volunteer Position Description for committee chairs, committee members with specific duties, and for other volunteer positions as needed.
Ideally, a Volunteer Position Description is provided to the prospective volunteer before he/she is asked to make a commitment.
- Name or title of the volunteer position
- Brief general description of the position, including:
– Purpose and how it relates to the goals and objectives of the organization.
– Primary responsibilities
– Expected results
- Qualifications required to perform the job well (Skills, knowledge, and/or experience; include physical requirements, if any)
- Time required, including:
– Number of hours per week/month
– Length of commitment
– Expected starting date
- Name of person to whom responsible
- Support system provided by the organization:
– Meeting space or other space provided
– Orientation/training required and by whom provided – Staff person assigned to work with the volunteer or group (if applicable)
Click here to view a
Sample of a Volunteer Position Description