Community Outreach Worker: North BurLINKton Neighbourhood Project (.4 fte)
The Community Outreach Worker will be part of a North BurLINKton Project Team, to implement a one year project focused on neighbourhood building. The Community Outreach Worker will focus on connecting with and supporting the involvement of children and youth in the project.
- Support the overall development and implementation of the North Burlington Neighbourhood project.
- Conduct outreach in north Burlington neighbourhoods.
- Help plan and implement youth activities and events in north Burlington neighbourhoods.
- Plan and implement after school programming one day/week. (crafts, games, social skills and development activities.)
- Work with the team to plan and implement a summer child and youth outreach program.
- Work with and support youth volunteers throughout the project.
- Participate in evaluation efforts through this initiative.
The Community Outreach Worker must have solid program planning skills and a minimum of 2-3 years experience in community-based recreation settings working with children and youth. The position requires volunteer management skills and an understanding of community development and civic engagement.
The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills, proficiency with social media and computer applications. Access to a vehicle with insurance, possession of a valid driver’s license or other reliable form of transportation will be necessary. Preference will be given to a qualified Burlington resident who has a strong knowledge of the community.
The position is a part-time (14 hours/week), one year contract with Community Development Halton (CDH). The Community Outreach Worker will be accountable to the CDH Social Planner responsible for the North BurLINKton Neighbourhood project. Please submit a letter of interest and resume via email to: email@example.com or mail to CDH 860 Harrington Court, Burlington ON L7N 3N4. Resumes will be accepted until January 10th.
Community Development Halton is an equal-opportunity employer.