North BurLINKton Chill Zone: Summer Camp Counsellor
Community Development Halton is working on a neighbourhood development project, in the North Burlington community (north of the QEW, south of Dundas, west of Walkers Line and east of Brant Street to the west).
The Summer Camp Counsellor will be responsible for working as part of a team with Community Development Halton staff and community partners to plan and implement neighbourhood based drop-in recreational programs in four North Burlington locations. The camp counsellor will plan recreational activities, crafts, and healthy snacks for the summer drop-in camp programs located in four locations. Staff will also be responsible for some occasional evenings, special events and physical activities such as pick up sports games. The Counsellors will work with the CDH staff team to develop local support for the project through the development of promotional material and some community outreach in the neighbourhoods and with local businesses.
The qualifications for the position include:
- Post-secondary student (enrolled for fall 2013)
- Experience working with school age children in a community based recreation setting
- Demonstrated program planning and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of the Burlington community and its neighbourhoods
- Computer skills related to the development of flyers and posters (Microsoft Word, Publisher)
- Ability to work well as a member of a team
- Ability to work with a variety of children and youth from diverse backgrounds
- A second language would be an asset
Development of promotional material, program planning, community outreach, program implementation at two drop-in playground sites in the mornings, and special events and pick up sports in the afternoons and some evenings.
The position is for 30 hours a week at $10.25/hour.
The position is for eight weeks beginning the first week of July.
Resumes can be sent to Rishia Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Community Development Halton, 860 Harrington Court, Burlington ON L7N 3N4
Deadline to Apply Friday June 7th at 4 pm.