Change a life one child at a time, become a Nanny Angel! The Nanny Angel Network provides free in-home and virtual childcare support to moms with cancer and their kids. Moms with cancer often choose their children’s well-being and care over their own treatment and health care. Nanny Angel Network provides the support they need for their children so they can focus on their health.
When kids are given the tools and coping strategies they need during their mom’s illness, they have a chance to thrive and grow up as emotionally healthy adults.
Nanny Angel Network’s volunteers include teachers, nurses, ECEs, university students, and camp counsellors. Most of these volunteers have a personal connection with cancer and want to contribute to the healthy development of a child. Most important, they are giving, caring, empathetic individuals who want to provide this support during a difficult time.
- A unique and fulfilling volunteer experience that makes a real difference
- A match with a family based on compatibility, experience and location
- Ongoing support from our highly skilled and knowledgeable team
- An excellent opportunity to develop new childcare and social services skills or build upon skills you already have
- Specialized training to support children coping with their mother’s cancer, as well as grief and bereavement
Suitable for 18 year(s) and up. This is an opportunity suitable for college students looking for direct child-care roles to fulfill the requirements of field placements for ECE students, and children & youth workers. Training is provided.