- Ensure that the participants understand the basic principles of personal, vicarious and board liability.
- Explain the concept of negligence and examine the standards of care expected of those who provide counselling, care and support.
- Ensure participants understand the general principles of law governing documentation and confidentiality.
- Provide the participants with a framework for analyzing their legal obligations regarding the disclosure of confidential client information.
- Ensure that the participants can anticipate and avoid common legal problems.
Presenter: Robert M. Solomon: LL.B. Osgood Hall (1970), LL.M. , Yale Law School (1972)
Professor Solomon holds the rank of Distinguished University Professor at the Faculty of Law at Western University in London, Ontario. He is also the National Director of Legal Policy for Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) Canada. He has been involved in research and teaching on healthcare, civil liability, and criminal law for over 45 years. Robert has served as a consultant to Health and Welfare Canada, the Law Reform Commission of Canada, the Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse and the Commonwealth of Australia Health Department. He assisted the Ontario Addiction Research Foundation in developing a provincial substance abuse program for schools, and has advised numerous health, counselling and care agencies.
Professor Solomon has travelled throughout Canada and Australia presenting legal programs in his fields of expertise. One of his major areas of concern has been the increasingly challenging legal environment facing social workers, health practitioners, providers of care and youth workers. He is widely published in his fields of expertise and is the lead author of A Legal Guide for Social Workers - 3rd edition, published by the Ontario Association for Social Workers in 2014.
For more information please email Rose Marie at email@example.com or call 1-855-395-8807.
Members get discounts! Find out if you're our Community Associate (member) >>> CDH Community Associates (member agencies). Discounted workshop fee for organizations. You're not on the list? Registered with us >>> Join us!
Fee: $130 Early Bird until March 31, 2020 - SAVE!
$150 Community Associate (CDH member)
$190 Non Community Associate (non-member)
Lunch will be provided – Please note any dietary restrictions upon registration.
5407 Regional Road 25
Milton, ON L9T 2X5