The Ontario NonProfit Network released their 2023 State of the Sector: A Tipping Point report in mid-October. The policy report provides trends from four years of surveying the sector. The findings are dire.
ONN analysis and forecasting focused on demand for services, nonprofit sustainability, costs, and closures shows that by 2026:
- Every single nonprofit in Ontario will be experiencing an increase in demand for service.
- Only 17% of nonprofits will forecast financial sustainability for 12 months or more.
- Nonprofits will see a 131% increase in costs.
- There will be 63% of nonprofits knowing of similar organizations closing down and ceasing operations.
The loss of nonprofits and the benefits they provide will lead to less economically viable, less socially vibrant, and less connected communities. - ONN, 2023
Join us in-person on Friday November 24, 2023 at St. Christopher's Anglican Church, 662 Guelph Line, Burlington to hear guest speaker Pamela Uppal-Sandu, Director of Policy, ONN who will share:
- Details on the provincial four-year trends on the state of the nonprofit sector in Ontario;
- Halton-specific data from this years' ONN survey; and
- ONNs policy recommendations
Following the presentation, attendees will spend time in converation to walk through the policy recommendations, looking for areas where we can individually and collectively take action.
STATE OF THE SECTOR: ONTARIO & HALTON'S NONPROFIT CRISIS
FRIDAY NOVEMBER 24, 2023
9:00AM - 12:00PM
ST. CHRISTOPHER'S ANGLICAN CHURCH, 662 GUELPH LINE, BURLINGTON
Register today at: cdhalton.ca/events
If policymakers continue to ignore the warning signs experienced by the sector, we fear that cutbacks, waitlists, and nonprofit closures will reach devastating levels and have a detrimental effect on Ontarians, in the immediate and long-term. The sector needs to continue vigorously advocating for long-term policy solutions for financial sustainability and human resource planning so we can support communities better. - ONN, 2023
We need you to be part of this conversation.
Let us know you are coming by registeringat: cdhalton.ca/events
Other resources helpful for our conversation on November 24th:
662 Guelph Line
Burlington, ON L7R3M8