Download the membership form here
Membership (for organizations) with Community Development Halton (CDH) and its programs Volunteer Halton and Social Planning comes with privileges:
- Promotion and development of agency voluntarism through:
- Online posting of volunteer opportunities in Volunteer Halton Database halton.cioc.ca/volunteer
- Volunteer referrals
- Media coverage of volunteer opportunities
- Online advertising of your special events in need of volunteers, on Volunteer Halton’s website www.cdhalton.ca and social media for additional coverage.
- Free use of Training Room/Boardroom for meetings and presentations; 30-person capacity (booking required)
- Publications which provide members with a discussion on important social and economic issues:
- Subscription to Community Dispatch, an InfoFacts on community issues
- Subscription to Community Lens, a bulletin with Halton specific community data
- Reduced fee for selected training opportunities, workshops, and seminars
- Free consultation on volunteer management issues
- National Volunteer Week celebrations support
- Use of banner “Thank you, Volunteers” for special events
- Participate in CDH program working groups – Volunteer Halton and Social Planning
- Nominate candidates to the Board of Directors of Community Development Halton
- Voting privileges at the Annual General Meeting
Any individual, nonprofit, community-based, or government organization, that wishes to become a member of the Community Development Halton, pays a fee (see Membership Registration form). Much of this fee underwrites the cost of maintaining the online volunteer opportunities database halton.cioc.ca/volunteer.
Only CDH members in good standing may post volunteer opportunities on this database and receive volunteer referrals.
If an agency wishes to apply for exemption from the fee guidelines, please contact Ann Coburn, Director, Volunteer Halton.