Community Development Halton (CDH) is seeking a dynamic, enterprising, and creative leader with a passion for equity and significant experience in community capacity building, to lead the organization through its next phase of growth and development. This individual will play a critical role in achieving the organization’s vision – especially in mobilizing CDH’s research and community planning expertise, encouraging and supporting the civic engagement of Halton residents, and mobilizing a wide network of community partnerships to enhance the capacity of the community services sector and improve opportunities for all Halton residents.
Community Development Halton (CDH) is a nonprofit organization committed to building a society in which diversity, equity, social and economic justice are central to all aspects of our lives. Through independent research, community development, community planning, capacity building and promoting civic engagement, CDH mobilizes action to improve the quality of life of all Halton residents. Working with partners across the community service sector, we strive to build a strong, healthy, and vibrant community in which programs and services are adequate to need, and affordable and accessible to all.
The successful candidate will report to the Board of Directors, and will be responsible for a wide variety of functions including:
- Responsible for leading CDH in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission, vision and values
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of CDH, including resource development
- Providing operational and strategic leadership to a staff of professionals
- Program management, including overseeing the planning and implementation monitoring, and evaluation of the organization’s programs and services
- Community liaison with stakeholders, government agencies, and elected officials
- Human Resources Planning including performance management, coaching, and mentoring of staff
- Management of the physical infrastructure
- Board reporting
- Risk Management
- Organizational performance
The successful candidate will bring to this role the following skills and experience:
- At least 10 years experience in a senior leadership role within the nonprofit sector
- A strong sense of community service
- Post-secondary education in one of the social sciences, program administration, community services or a related field
- Leadership skill of integrity with the ability to inspire others.
- Demonstrated experience supervising employees, as well as experience working with Board of Directors, public officials, and community leaders
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Strong motivational skills
- Strategic thinking skills, including project management expertise and an ability to prioritize competing demands
- A high degree of flexibility coupled with an ability to deal with high pressure, sensitive situations.
Community Development Halton is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are asked to forward their resume and covering letter, in confidence, detailing their qualifications and reason for applying, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The President, Board of Directors
Community Development Halton
3350 South Service Road
Burlington, Ontario L7N 3M6
Application Deadline: Friday December 13th, 2019, 4:00 p.m.
We thank all applicants for applying but advise that only those under active consideration will be contacted directly.