There are steps you can take to ensure that your Board meetings are meaningful, focused on the issues that matter and engaging for all in attendance.
This workshop is intended for Board Chairs, incoming Chairs, Board members and senior staff. Although much of the session will focus on tools and processes useful for chairing any meeting, the focus in this session will be on Board meetings.
Participants will come away knowing:
· How to build an agenda that links discussions and decision-making to strategic issues;
· The multiple accountabilities for which Boards are responsible;
· Tips, tools, and techniques for engaging everyone at the table in meaningful dialogue;
· Strategies for working effectively with conflict;
· Ideas for evaluating Board meeting effectiveness.
Facilitator: Jody Orr, The Chrysalis Group, has an extensive background working in and with the nonprofit sector, a Master’s degree in Sociology, and is a founding principal in a community development consulting firm. Jody worked for 17 years in the nonprofit sector and has since striking out on her own supported nonprofits, big and small, with a major emphasis on building capacity in a variety of areas, including effective governance. Jody was the lead staff person in two large social planning organizations and a major United Way, and has been a Board member and President of a variety of nonprofits. She also is the Coordinator of the Halton Nonprofit Network.
Contact information: 1-855-395-8807 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Only online payments are accepted upon registration.
3350 South Service Rd
Burlington, ON L7N 3M6
|CDH Member||$ 50.00|