Community Development Halton (CDH) Board of Directors are people who live and/or work in the Halton community and who participate as unpaid, volunteers to help CDH achieve the stated Mission: Through research, community development, planning and promoting volunteerism Community Development Halton strives to improve the quality of life for all residents of Halton.
CDH is a nonprofit, charitable organization focused on the impact of economic, political, social and cultural forces on individuals, families and stakeholders in Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville. CDH supports two programs:
- The Social Planning program engages with the community through social research work, community dialogue and community development initiatives to improve the quality of life in the Halton community.
- Volunteer Halton supports the promotion of volunteerism. It provides residents and nonprofit agencies with volunteer opportunity matching services, as well as building the capacity of nonprofits through training, consulting, and resources.
Visit www.cdhalton.ca for more information about CDH.
Directors serve on the Board for a term of three years with options to renew. Board meetings are held on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. Directors also participate in ad hoc committees, with the total average time commitment of approximately 50-60 hours per year.
The CDH Board strives to reflect the strengths and diversity of the Halton community CDH welcomes applications from people with disabilities and encourages people to make requests for accommodations at any point in the process. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate that they are committed to equity and social justice and have a passion for and/or experience with the following:
- Community needs in Halton Region;
- Human services and nonprofit organizations;
- Accounting and financial practices;
- Communications and marketing;
- Legal knowledge and expertise;
- Citizen engagement and collective impact practices.
Interested Candidates are asked to please email your letter and resume by Friday November 3, 2023 at 5:00pm to the Nominating Committee: CDH Board of Directors at email@example.com.
All applicants will be contacted. Selected applicants will be invited to a virtual interview using Zoom.